Thursday 15 November 2007

Interview with David Douglas

Jordan: Hello there, and i just want to take this time to thank you for taking this interview.

David: Hello there Jordan, and its quite alright, its a pleasure.

Jordan: (Laughs) glad to hear it, and how are you today?

David: Iam very well thanks. How about yourself Jordan all is well i hope?

Jordan: Good to hear, and yes Iam very well thanks David.

David: Good.

Jordan: Well lets get down to buesiness, So What do you do these days then David?

David: Well Jordan Iam still a botanist and I've now discovered 240 species of plants to Britain.

Jordan: Wow 240 species of plants thats great to hear.

David: (laughs) Thanks Jordan, Iam very proud of my work.

Jordan: How did you become a Botanist then?

David: Well when I left school I became a Apprentice gardener in the estate of the 3rd Earl of Mansfield and Scone Palace. I spent seven years before leaving to attend college in Perth to learn more of the scientific and mathematical aspects of plant culture. After a further spell of working in Fife, I moved to the Botanical Gardens of Glasgow and attended botany lectures at the Univeristy of Glasgow. The Professor of Botany was greatly impressed with me and took me on an expedition to the Highlands before recommending me to the Royal Horticultural Society of London.

Jordan: Well thats a great story, but Unfortunately are time is up here David, I just want to thank you for this Interview and hope to hear from you in the future.

David: Its quite alright Jordan and for anyone wanting to be a botanist I say go for it you wont regret it.

Jordan Logan

No comments: